To celebrate 20 years since its inception, the World Drug Report 2017 is presented in a new five-booklet format designed to improve reader friendliness while maintaining the wealth of information contained within.
Booklet 1 summarizes the content of the four subsequent substantive booklets and presents policy implications drawn from their findings. Booklet 2 deals with the supply, use and health consequences of drugs. Booklet 3 focuses on the cultivation, production and consumption of the three plant-based drugs (cocaine, opiates and cannabis) and on the impact of new cannabis policies. Booklet 4 provides an extended analysis of the global synthetic drugs market and contains the bulk of the analysis for the triennial global synthetic drugs assessment. Finally, Booklet 5 contains a discussion on the nexus between the drug problem, organized crime, illicit financial flows, corruption and terrorism.
Keywords: HIV, PWID, PLHIV, hepatitis C, drug, prevalence, prison
- Booklet 1 Executive summary - conclusions and policy implications
- Booklet 2 Global overview of drug demand and supply
- Booklet 3 Market analysis of plant-based drugs - Opiates, cocaine, cannabis
- Booklet 4 Market analysis of synthetic drugs
- Booklet 5 The drug problem and organized crime, illicit financial flows, corruption and terrorism
- World Drug Report 2017 - Factsheet
- World Drug Report 2017 - Presentation